The Government Records Branch is part of the Division of Archives and Records of the North Carolina Department of Cultural Resources.
The primary mission of the Government Records Branch is to provide and administer records management services to state government agencies, local government agencies, and state-supported institutions of higher education in North Carolina in accordance with General Statutes 121 and 132 and the mandate provided in these laws for the preservation of the historical record of this state. (For links to other Public Record Laws, visit our Guidelines page.)
- New records schedules are now available on the Local Records Schedules webpage: County Management and County Tax Administration.
- Best Practices for Cloud Computing: Records Management Considerations (pdf) is now available.
- Watch the workshops page for updates concerning class dates and registration.
- For the latest news related to the Division of Archives and Records, visit the Government Records Section blog, The G.S. 132 Files, and the State Archives of North Carolina blog, History For All the People.
- Can't find what you're looking for? Search the Government Records website!
Last Modified: 06/12/2013